Alright – “It’s Friday, Friday – Getting Down on Friday…” Whoops! Sorry Rebecca Black!
Indeed – it’s Friday, and time to hand out some headlines and news. Have a great weekend and of course, enjoy our most recent edition of the Daily Noontime!
* After Thursday’s press conference at Fenway Park, it’s safe to say, the Boston Red Sox are a team in turmoil.
* The MLB Playoffs officially begin Friday, which means it’s time to break down the eight squads that’ll be playing in October.
* According to sources, Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein admitted that the team’s meltdown wasn’t Terry Francona‘s fault.
* Due to Indianapolis’s quarterback merry-go-round of quarterbacks, Colts wide receiver Reggie Wayne admitted on Michael Irvin‘s radio show Thursday that he’d like to see Curtis Painter under center instead of Kerry Collins or others.
* The Tampa Bay Rays rookie pitcher Matt Moore is expected to start game one against the Texas Rangers on Friday.
* In case you need some help with a few NFL picks – here’s Sports Illustrated’s Peter King with his week four winners and losers.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at Texas (MLB Playoffs) – 5:07pm eastern
* Detroit at New York Yankees (MLB) – 8:37pm eastern
Video of the Day:
The 162nd day of the MLB season was fascinating, which is why we’d like to watch it… again!