Daily Noontime – December 9, 2011
It’s officially Friday, which means it’s time to sing and shout, right? OK… OK… we’ll do that late, but in the meantime, here’s some headlines, news and more!
* The trade that would have sent Chris Paul to Los Angles was denied on Thursday by NBA commissioner David Stern.
* In case you haven’t heard — the Los Angles of Anaheim Angels inked Albert Pujols‘s name on a 10-year, $252 million contract on Thursday.
* Former Texas Rangers pitcher C.J. Wilson turned down an offer from the Miami (Florida) Marlins, so he could join the Los Angles of Anaheim Angels.
* It wasn’t pretty, but on Thursday evening, the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Cleveland Browns, 14-3.
* The UConn Men’s basketball team appeared to be the stronger team on Thursday, as the Huskies fended off the Harvard Crimson, 67-53.
* Charlie Weis will have a new home next season, as he was recently hired by University of Kansas.
Games to Watch:
* Toronto at Washington (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Here’s Erin Andrews interviewing an Alabama football player on her i-Phone… which is quite interesting, right?