Happy Friday everyone, and welcome into yet another amazing edition of the Daily Noontime.
We’re t-minus two days away from the big game, too, so let’s get through this particular day, so we can all get ready for Super Bowl XLVI!
* The Carolina Hurricanes defeated the Boston Bruins for the fourth time this season, as the Black and Gold lost at home on Thursday, 3-0. Tuukka Rask recorded 28 saves between the pipes, while the offense compiled 47 shots on net. The Black and Gold will look to snap their one-game losing streak on Saturday afternoon when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins for a 1:00pm matinee.
* Edwin Jackson won’t be sporting a Boston Red Sox uniform this spring, as he and the Washington Nationals reached an agreement on a one-year deal.
* The New England Patriots and New York Giants will have their final media session on Friday, which will be followed by commissioner Roger Goodell, who is expected to meet with the media for his “State of the NFL.”
* On Thursday, the NBA Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Stars were announce, but nobody from the Boston Celtics was selected to start the exhibition contest. However, Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo are the leading vote-getters to join the team from the east.
* Finally, Harvard University’s men’s basketball team will look to earn their seventh consecutive contest on Friday when they welcome Cornell University to their home court for a 7:00pm tip-off, (Noontime Sports will be at this particular game and will be providing updates).