Daily Noontime – March 8, 2012
Good Thursday to everyone, and welcome into yet another amazing edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s jumpstart the day with some headlines and news from the Hub.
* Philadelphia snapped Boston’s five-game winning streak on Wednesday, as the 76ers defeated the Celtics, 103-71. Evan Turner led all scorers with 26 points, while Paul Pierce paced the Celtics with 16 points. Boston will return to the hardwood on Friday when they host the Portland Trailblazers.
* The Boston Bruins will look to build off their 5-4 victory against Toronto on Thursday when they host Buffalo at 7:00pm.
* Sources confirmed on Wednesday that Andrew Ference and Daniel Paille both skated on their own in Wilmington. Head coach Claude Julien told the media that having both of them on the ice is a “good sign.”
* The Boston College Eagles men’s basketball team will begin their quest toward capturing an ACC tournament championship on Thursday when they tip-off against North Carolina State at 12:00pm. The Eagles ended their conference slate with a 4-12 record, as well as ended their 2011-12 campaign with 9-21 record.
* Finally, we’re a few days away from the start of a new MLS season, as the New England Revolution will kick-off their 2012 slate in San Jose on Saturday.