It’s Tuesday, which means this week is slowly chugging along! Let’s kick-start the morning with some headlines and news from Boston!
* The Boston Red Sox will experience a “get-away” day on Tuesday, as they travel to Washington D.C. to face the Nationals for a 3:05pm first pitch.
* Red Sox skipper Bobby Valentine seemed rather content on Monday, as he told the media that he felt his team accomplished what was needed in Florida. Boston’s first regular season contest is on Thursday, Apr. 5 against Detroit Tigers.
* ESPN launched its first power rankings of the 2012 season, and tabbed the Sox as the No. 6 team in the MLB. Do you believe that was the right spot for the local nine?
* According to reports – New England Patriots center Dan Koppen is expected to visit the Tennessee Titans on Tuesday. Kopen, who is a free agent, has been the Patriots starting center since 2003, but sustained a season ending injury last year, which shifted offensive lineman Dan Connolly to the center position. The Pats recently re-signed Connolly to a three-year deal.
* Boston Celtics teammates Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce apparently spent Monday evening trash talking about their former college teams – Kansas and Kentucky – who played against each other in the March Madness finale. Kentucky won their first championship since 1998, which made Rondo rather content.
* Finally, the Boston Bruins will return to the TD Garden on Tuesday to face the Pittsburgh Penguins at 7:00pm.