Happy Thursday to everyone, and welcome into yet another astounding rendition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s get this day started with some headlines and news from the Hub!
* The Boston Celtics six-game winning streak was snapped on Wednesday, as the San Antonio Spurs escaped with an 87-86 victory. The Green and White rallied during the final minute, but Paul Pierce missed a jump shot as time expired, which allowed the Spurs to walk off the TD Garden parquet with a victory.
* The Celtics will return to the hardwood on Thursday, as they’ll travel to Chicago for a 9:30pm tip-off. The Bulls currently reside atop the Eastern Conference standings, and have beaten the Celtics twice this season.
* Boston’s hockey team – the Bruins – will return to the ice for their second to last regular season game on Thursday when face-off against the Senators in Ottawa.
* According to reports – no news has been released in regards to Johnny Boychuk’s knee injury from Tuesday against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Boychuck left the game in the third period, and did not return for the remainder of the contest.
* Finally, the Boston Red Sox will play their first official regular season contest against the Tigers in Detroit on Thursday – first pitch is scheduled for 1:00pm – Jon Lester will oppose Justin Verlander.