It’s hard to believe, but April is officially coming to a close!
Good Monday to everyone, and welcome into another grand edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kickstart the day with some news and headlines from Boston.
* The Boston Celtics dropped their first playoff game on Sunday, as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Green and White, 83-74. Josh Smith posted 22 points and 18 rebounds for Atlanta, while Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo each paced Boston with 20 points.
* Atlanta and Boston will return to the hardwood for Game No. 2 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals on Tuesday at 7:30pm.
* Sources confirmed after Game No. 1 that Rondo will most likely miss one game for being ejected on Sunday, and possibly two for colliding with referee. If Boston does lose their all-star point guard, they’ll most likely have to rely on Avery Bradley to carry the load.
* The Boston Red Sox had their six-game winning streak snapped on Sunday, as the Chicago White Sox defeated the local nine, 4-1. Cody Ross recorded his 18th RBI, while David Ortiz cranked his ninth double of the season.
* Kevin Youkilis expressed that despite being a late scratch on Sunday, he believed could have been a pinch hitter. Youkilis is currently dealing with a sore lower back, but hopes to be back in the lineup on Monday.