Happy “Hump Day” to all, and welcome into yet another stupendous edition of the Daily Noontime! Here are some headlines and news to tell your friends!
* The Boston Celtics evened their first round series against the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday with an 87-80 victory. Paul Pierce led the Green and White with 36 points, while Joe Johnson paced the Hawks with 22 points.
* Both Boston and Atlanta will return to the hardwood for Game No. 3 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals on Friday – tip is slated for 7:30pm at the TD Garden.
* According to the Atlantic Journal Constitution – Josh Smith sustained a sprained left knee with 5:14 remaining in regulation. Smith, who remained in the game until the whistle sounded, aggravated it when attempting to deny Kevin Garnett a rebound.
* Despite ending the month of April with a critical win at Fenway Park, the Boston Red Sox kicked off May with a 5-3 loss to the Oakland Athletics. The Sox are now 0-3 in games where they’ve had a chance to push their record over .500, too.
* Against the Athletics, David Ortiz recorded his 21st double of the season, while Cody Ross hit his fifth double of the year. Felix Doubront lasted four innings, and yielded six hits and five earned runs, but still managed to strikeout eight batters in the loss.
* Finally, reports confirmed that Boston College dismissed Eagles running back Montel Harris for repeated violations of team rules.