Daily Noontime – May 24, 2012
Happy Thursday to everyone, and welcome into yet another outstanding edition of the Daily Noontime! Let’s kickstart the second to last workweek day with some news and headlines.
* Philadelphia outscored Boston, 49-39 during the final two frames, as the 76ers claimed Game No. 6, 82-75. Boston and Philadelphia will conclude their series on Saturday at the TD Garden.
* In the sixth game — Kevin Garnett tallied 20 points and 11 rebounds, while Paul Pierce poured in 24 points and 10 rebounds. Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo each registered nine points, and combined for seven turnovers in the loss.
* After Wednesday’s game concluded, Philadelphia head coach Doug Collins told reporters, “I want more. I want more.” Collins has stated some bizarre comments throughout this particular series, but apparently is confident that the sixth game will fuel him and his team.
* The Red Sox bats produced six runs and 13 hits in a span of nine innings on Wednesday, which helped Boston defeat Baltimore, 6-5. Daniel Bard picked up his fourth win of the season, while Daniel Nava hit his second home run and 11th RBI of the season.
* Boston is now 22-22, and has won nine of their last 12 contests. The Sox will attempt to earn their 23rd victory of the season on Friday when they welcome the Tampa Bay Rays to Fenway Park.