By Matt Noonan
Good morning to everyone!
I just wanted to pass along a quick program note to remind everyone that today is the first day of the 61st Boston Beanpot, and Noontime Sports will be at the TD Garden covering all the action.
Boston University and Northeastern University will face-off in the first game at 5:00 p.m., which will be followed by Boston College and Harvard University at 8:00 p.m.
As the evening progresses, we’ll be providing rapid game summaries from each contest, along with video interviews with coaches and players, and much more on the blog. Of course, we’ll have some leftovers too, which we’ll post on Tuesday.
If you can’t make it to the Garden, you can follow all the action on Twitter by using the hashtag: #Beanpot. Both games will be televised on NESN (New England Sports Network), and the BC-Harvard game will be heard on 98.5 the Sports Hub.
Below are a few links to get you extra amped for the first day. And of course, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter (@NoontimeSports or @NoonSportsBlog).
* The Boston Globe has an interesting piece about Boston College’s quest for a fourth straight Beanpot championship.
* CBS Boston somewhat mimics the Globe and provides their own piece on the Boston College Eagles.
* BU Today provides a piece about the Terriers men’s and women’s hockey teams.
* The Patriot Ledger has an interesting profile on Northeastern University’s Dan Cornell of Abington.
* SB Nation has a post with various links, times and Twitter accounts to follow throughout the course of the afternoon and evening.
* The Harvard Crimson published a list of great finishes for both the men’s and women’s teams over the past few years.
* The Boston Herald published a great piece on Northeastern University’s Kevin Roy.
* The Boston Herald also provided a piece on Boston College’s outlook toward Harvard.