There were some critical basketball games that occurred this evening and below are links to box scores and recaps:
* St. Bonaventure’s seven-point advantage at the break proved to be the difference, as Bonnies defeated UMass, 99-94.
* John Papale and D.J. Irving each netted 18 points, as Boston University defeated Albany, 79-69.
* Quincy Ford scored 14 points, Reggie Spencer netted 13 points as Northeastern University edged James Madison, 66-64.
* Tony Johnson‘s game-high 20 points helped Lafayette top Holy Cross at the Hart Center, 79-76.
* Tim Beinert‘s 18 points helped Assumption College extend its winning streak to two, as the Hounds topped Saint Rose, 63-58.
* Bentley University’s women’s basketball team earned its 24th victory and clinched the Northeast-10, as the Falcons soared past Franklin Pierce, 74-63.
* Mary Louise Dixon scored 22 points, Asia Ewing added 19 points as Stonehill College defeated Southern New Hampshire, 90-65.
* Bianca Simmons netted a game-high 19 points as UMass Lowell beat Saint Anselm, 65-54.
* Gabrielle Gibson netted a game-best 31 points, which helped Assumption defeat Saint Rose, 68-58.
* John Wickey‘s 13 points lifted Babson College past Clark University in the first-round of the NEWMAC tournament, 52-34.
* Wellesley College outscored Clark University, 33-12 at the break and went onto defeat the Cougars in the first-round of the NEWMAC tournament, 59-51. Clark’s Brooke Brennan netted a game-high 18 points in the setback.