Mass. College Lax: Postgame Notes From BU-Harvard
By Matt Noonan
A few notes from yesterday’s BU-Harvard women’s lacrosse game:
* It was a wild one at Nickerson Field last night as BU rallied to defeat Harvard, 12-11, thanks to a free possession strike with 11 seconds remaining by Sydney Godett. Harvard held a three-goal lead at halftime before BU erased the deficit with seven strikes to secure their third win of the season.
* BU’s Danielle Etrasco, who leads the Red and White with 35 points (25 goals, 10 assists), tallied a game-best five points (four goals, one assist) in the win. She’s registered at least three points or more in BU’s last four contests.
* It’ll be interesting to see if the Terriers can build off this win and possibly secure their first America East victory on Wednesday against Albany.
* The loss drops Harvard to 2-5 overall. However, they did received two goals apiece in the setback from Audrey Todd, Kyleigh Keating, Micaela Cyr and Danielle Tetreault.
* Harvard’s current road trip continues, as they’ll head to Vanderbilt on Monday for a 2 p.m. contest.
Below is a postgame interview with BU coach Liz Robertshaw courtesy of the athletic department’s YouTube channel: