Happy Saturday to everyone! In honor of another gorgeous day in Massachusetts, we’ve decided to provide a list of great lacrosse games to attend this afternoon.
Make sure to circle back later this evening for recaps, roundups and releases.
* No. 2 Cornell at Harvard, 1 p.m. — This is a big game for the Crimson, who almost defeated Duke last weekend. Cornell will provide challenges for Harvard’s defense as the attacks and midfielders for the Big Red can dodge and slide quite well. Harvard will need to stop Rob Pannell, who is the nation’s third leading scorer (5.4 points per game).
* UMass at Towson, 1 p.m. — The Minutemen’s offense has been suspect this season, but in an important conference match it’ll be important for them to locate the back of the net.
* Williams at No. 4 Tufts, 1 p.m. — The Jumbos enter today’s tilt on a six-game winning streak, while the Ephs are coming off a tough quadruple overtime setback to Bowdoin.
* Middlebury at Amherst, 2 p.m. — This is a big one for the Lord Jeffs, who snapped their three-game skid last weekend with a victory against Hamilton. The Panthers, who’re 7-1, started the current month with a 16-8 victory against New England College.
* Navy at Holy Cross, 12 p.m. — The Crusaders have done quite well in Patriot League play. Yet, can they improve their mark to 3-1 against Navy?
* No. 9 Stonehill at No. 7 Le Moyne, 12 p.m. — The Skyhawks picked up their seventh win on Wednesday and will attempt to conclude their three-game road trip with a win against the Dolphins.
* So. Conn. State at No. 12 Bentley, 12 p.m. — The Falcons defeated AIC on Wednesday, 16-2, which snapped a two-game skid. Can they carry that momentum into this afternoon’s contest against the Owls?
* BU at Vermont, 1 p.m. — The Terriers haven’t won a game away from Nickerson Field this season, so a victory against their America East foe would be huge.
* Duke at BC, 1 p.m. — This is another big game for the Eagles, who defeated Virginia last weekend, 10-7. Duke enters the contest on a one-game losing streak as the Blue Devils lost to North Carolina last Thursday in overtime.
* No. 10 Amherst at No. 3 Middlebury, 1:30 p.m. — Could the Lord Jeffs pull an upset against the third best team in the land? Amherst is 1-1 against Middlebury in the past two seasons, but the Panthers defeated the Lord Jeffs last season, 8-5.