Happy Sunday (evening), everyone!
Before we officially turn the page to week six, which begins Monday, October 3, let’s hit the rewind button on this weekend’s games, beginning with a HUGE upset in Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) in Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
- Abbi Bamgbose scored an overtime touchdown and converted a two-point conversion to provide UMass Dartmouth with an exciting (and dramatic) 35-34 overtime win over Framingham State on Saturday. Not a bad way to celebrate Homecoming weekend, eh?
- Westfield State quarterback Phil Cohen scored an overtime touchdown – a one-yard plunge to be exact – while Norman Carroll booted an extra point following the score to provide the Owls with a dramatic 14-13 overtime win against Plymouth State.
- Matt Greenman converted a two-point conversion with 55 seconds remaining in regulation to provide the visiting Mustangs of Mount Ida with their first-ever win over Norwich on the road in nine tries. The Mustangs’ 15-14 win was their initial Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC) victory of the season.
- Jared Lebowitz tossed five touchdowns for the second-straight week to lead Middlebury past Colby, 35-14.
- Ryan McDonald‘s 15-yard touchdown run mid-way through the fourth quarter proved to be the difference as Tufts defeated Bates on Homecoming Weekend by a score of 12-7.
- Becker quarterback Nas Sinkfield-Shelton tossed four touchdowns and completed 12 of 22 passes for 132 yards to lead the Hawks past Gallaudet, 42-18 in ECFC play.
- Marshall McCarthy‘s 59-yard interception returned for a touchdown highlighted Massachusetts Maritime Academy’s 30-0 victory against Fitchburg State. With the win, the Buccaneers improve to 30-0 overall.
- An all-out senior effort helped WPI rally back from two scores to defeat Union, 21-14. The win provided head coach Chris Robertson with his 100th win on Boynton Hill.