By Matt Noonan (@MattNoonan11)
Ah, the final day of 2016 has arrived.
And just like past years, it’s time to revisit some of our favorite stories from the past 12 months.
Yet, unlike past years, this year’s ‘year in review’ is made-up of a variety of stories from ‘Catching Up’ to features on the Amherst College and Endicott College football programs to Wheaton women’s basketball providing Coach Melissa Hodgdon with her 200th win as a head coach.
I also made sure to highlight a few podcasts from the past few months – yes, Noontime Sports the Podcast returned this summer and I am super excited to host the 16th episode, which will be posted later next week.
So, sit back, relax, and re-read or listen to some of our biggest posts from 2016, and have a wonderful and safe Happy New Year!
See you in 2017!
- It was one or our more recent posts, but our final ‘Catching Up’ with New England College men’s basketball coach, Charlie Mason was pretty inspiring.
- Earlier this month, the UMass Dartmouth men’s basketball team appeared on SportsCenter, and our friend John Cabral sounded quite excited at the buzzer!
- One of the new things we did this season was produce a Noontime Sports D3 Football Team of the Year once the 2016 season concluded. Revisit our team and see who made the list!
- Another one of our favorite ‘Catching Up’s also occurred this month with Bowdoin College senior Rachel Norton.
- We mentioned the return of Noontime Sports the Podcast, so why not re-listen to an interview from October with the CEO of HEROSports, Jordan Nilsen. You can also re-listen to past podcasts on our Podcast page, too.
- As noted above, we provide you with a social media based blog post on Coach Hodgdon’s 200th win on the sidelines.
- Before their big game earlier this season against Husson, we caught up with Norwich University football, which was in ‘playoff mode’ after winning four-straight games.
- A hard-fought 6-3 win over Anna Maria provided the Wheelock College men’s lacrosse team with their first-ever victory in program history.
- Prior to their first game of the season, we learned that the Amherst College football program’s motto is to ‘have a great day.’
- It was announced earlier this month that the legendary Brandeis University men’s soccer coach, Mike Coven, would be stepping down after an amazing 44-year run with the Judges.
- Our final story is about the Endicott College football team, which has shown great promise (and growth) under Coach Kevin DeWall.