Massachusetts High School Lax Round-Up: Checking-In On The West
By NoontimeSports.com (@NoontimeSports)
Our Massachusetts High School Lacrosse Round-Up has returned – yes, we’re officially back for the remainder of the season, so make sure to circle back each week for various posts on the numerous teams, including our various social media round-ups, too.
For this week’s post, we’re shedding some light on Western Massachusetts teams, including Longmeadow, Mount Greylock and others!
First, congratulations to Longmeadow’s Kristopher Campbell, who was tabbed last week’s Epoch/USL High School Boys’ Player of the Week following an impressive 11-point effort in his team’s 14-10 win over Amherst-Pelham.
Longmeadow, which is in-action today against Northampton (9-1), will visit Harvard Stadium on Saturday, May 6th to face-off against Lincoln-Sudbury.
Last season, the Warriors defeated the Lancers in Amherst by a score of 15-11. The game was followed by a New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) tilt between Amherst College and Colby College.
Following this season’s meeting, fans are encouraged to stick around and cheer on the Boston Cannons, who will play their home-opener against the Chesapeake Bayhawks. Face-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
Jeff Stripp and the Mount Greylock Mounties (10-0) captured their 10th contest on Monday, defeating Pittsfield by a score of 17-6. Reilly Parker and Pat Storie highlighted their team’s 10th win of the season by combining for 12 goals and four assists, while Owen Politis netted a hat-trick.
The Mounties return to the field on Saturday when they host Lee, which also defeated Pittsfield this week – Wednesday, to be exact – by a score of 20-9.
Hoosac Valley received a big-boots from Casey Meczywor on Wednesday as he netted seven goals, while dishing out a pair of assists in his team’s 13-4 win over Taconic. The win was the Hurricanes’ third of the season.
As noted in yesterday’s Berkshire Eagle, Hoosac Valley led 8-0 after the opening session and 9-0 by halftime.
Extra News and Notes from the West!
- Jaden Stout powered the Chicopee Pacers to their 10th win on Wednesday by tallying five goals and four assists in his team’s 16-5 win over Belchertown.
- On Tuesday, MassLive unveiled its Western Massachusetts Boy’s Lacrosse Top 10 with Longmeadow securing the top spot, while Minnechaug and Northampton checked-in second and third, respectively. Mount Greylock was fourth and Westfield was fifth.
- Re-visit an exciting ninth-straight win by Northampton earlier this week via the Daily Hampshire Gazette.
Games to Watch this Friday, May 5th & Saturday, May 6th:
- Westfield at Pope Francis (Friday, May 5th)
- Chicopee Comp. at Wahconah (Friday, May 5th)
- Lonmeadow vs. Lincoln-Sudbury (Saturday, May 6th | Harvard Stadium)
- Minnechaug at Northampton (Saturday, May 6th)
- Lee at Mount Greylock (Saturday, May 6th)
- Hoosac Valley at Granby (Saturday, May 6th)