New England College Basketball Notebook: Hauser Named Associate Head Coach at Assumption College
By Matt Noonan (@MattNoonan11)
In a time where the news-cycle tends to be slow – hello, summertime! – we do have some news to share from the New England College basketball world below:
- As noted in today’s press release, Assumption College men’s basketball head coach Michael Harding announced the promotion of Michael Hauser to associate head coach. Hauser, who competed for the Bowdoin College men’s basketball team as a four-year player, arrived in Worcester in 2015 after spending a year as an assistant coach at Stonehill College during the 2014-15 school year.
- In case you missed it, D3Hoops.com unveiled its D3Hoops.com Classic pairings a few days ago and Amherst College was one of six women’s basketball teams selected to participate in this year’s tournament, which will take place in Las Vegas.
- Yesterday, Mitchell College announced that Courtney Burns has been named the head coach of their women’s basketball program. Burns spent the past season as an assistant coach at Southern New Hampshire University and has experience coaching in both Division II and Division III.
- We will have some new rules this season in women’s basketball – learn more about the changes by HOPPING HERE!
- Lastly, Trinity College announced last Thursday that Kate Dellinger has been hired to be an assistant coach this upcoming season for the women’s basketball team.
Stay connected with Noontime Sports on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube! Also, have a story (or idea for a future blog post)? Let us know by sending us an email to NoontimeSports@gmail.com