D3 Football: New England NCAA Postseason Predictions
By Matt Noonan (@MattNoonan11)
With the final week of the regular season in the books, its time to turn our attention to the postseason, which officially begins next weekend.
Below is a breakdown of what we know at the moment heading into today’s selection show. We’ll have more later tonight once the brackets are released.
As of now, we know the following New England teams are in this year’s tournament:
- Husson University (Eastern Collegiate Football Conference)
- Plymouth State (Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference)
- Western New England (Commonwealth Coast Football)
Who else will most likely represent New England in this year’s tournament?
- Springfield College (New England Women’s and Men’s Athletics Conference) – should get a Pool B Bid
Will any other New England team received a Pool C bid?
- Not likely. There was a possible chance that Framingham State could get a nod entering this week’s games, but due to certain outcomes its most likely that the Rams will be competing for a second-straight New England Bowl crown.
Possible first-round match-ups?
- Per D3Football.com, Springfield could host Husson in the opening round, while Plymouth State will head to Brockport and Western New England will visit Delaware Valley.
- The winner of Springfield-Husson and Brockport-Plymouth State would meet in the second round, again, per D3Football.com, while Western New England or Delaware Valley would advance to play the winner of Frostburg State vs. Johns Hopkins.