Football Friday Notebook: Duxbury’s Roberts Stars In Season-Opener
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Welcome to Football Friday, Noontime Sports Fans and Friends!
Today, we kick-off a brand new season of high school football here in Massachusetts – sure, it may have started last night, but today marks the official start of Friday Night Lights 2018.
In addition to the return of Friday Night Lights, the New England Patriots will officially begin their season on Sunday when they host the Houston Texans at Gillette Stadium.
So, with a jam-packed weekend ahead, let’s get this Football Friday started with some news and links from around the New England football world!
High School Football Links
- Duxbury senior quarterback John Roberts enjoyed an impressive debut last night, accounting for six touchdowns (three through the air and three on the ground) as the Dragons topped Bridgewater-Raynham, 40-14.
- Following last night’s impressive win, Roberts told the Boston Globe that he didn’t know he ” had it in me” to score six touchdowns.
- Patch.com’s Bob Holmes highlights a few high school games in Middlesex County to watch (or follow) this evening, including Reading vs. Wakefield and Newton South vs. Winchester.
- Technology seems to be playing a role with helping coaches prepare their high school football players in the bay state.
- Who do you think will win some of the marquee matchups this week? The Boston Herald has some thoughts!
10 Massachusetts High School Game Predictions:
Every week, we will dish out a few games we will be following from the high school football world, as well as our picks, too!
Milton over Belmont
Somerville over Peabody
Arlington over Cambridge
Lynn Classical over Medford
Bedford over Burlington
Everett over Xaverian Bros.
Melrose over Malden
Lynn English over Beverly
Matignon/St. Joseph’s over Minuteman
Catholic Memorial over St. Joh’s (Shrewsbury)
New England D3 Football: Friday Night Lights Schedule
Mass. Maritime Academy at SUNY Maritime, 7 p.m.
Bridgewater State at Endicott College, 7 p.m.
Anna Maria at Nichols College, 7 p.m.
MIT at Curry College, 7 p.m.
Stay connected with our New England Football coverage by following @Noontime_FB on Twitter today!