Daily Noontime: January 23rd, 2019
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Welcome back, Daily Noontime – we have missed you!
In case you don’t know, the Daily Noontime was one of our first real pieces of content that was posted every week, Monday through Friday. And we have decided to restart it this week, beginning TODAY with some news and notes from the sports, tech and pop culture world.
News, Links & More from the World Wide Web
- We are still a few days away from Super Bowl 53, but NESN.com has an interesting post today on 36 things you may have forgotten about the first meeting between the New England Patriots and L.A. Rams (who were the St. Louis Rams in 2002).
- Twitter seems to be a good place for the Patriots to have fun with a well-known talking head by the name of Rob Parker.
- The Indiana Sports Corp. has announced that Jordan Fliegel has been named its managing director of Techstars Sports Accelerator Powered by Indy, according to Inside Indiana Business. Fliegel was the founder of CoachUp here in Boston and co-chief executive officer of Draft.com.
- According to Sports Business Daily, The Fantasy Sports Trade Association is changing its name to to the Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association.
- After watching last Sunday’s Patriots-Kansas City Chiefs game, I think it is fair to say that Tony Romo is the best color commentator in football.
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- The Trinity College football team announced its captains for the upcoming 2019 season.
- Gabby Price announced yesterday that he will be stepping down as head coach of the Husson University football team.
- Kyle Rooker has been named the new head coach of the North Park University football team.
Video of the Day: In case you missed it, make sure to rock out with James Corden and Adam Lambert, who sang an amazing duet about the New England Patriots.