Daily Noontime: January 24th, 2019
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Welcome to Thursday, everyone – get excited because it’s almost Friday (insert happy emoji)!
Let’s kick-off the day with a brand new edition of the Daily Noontime – hope you have a great day, minus the rain we’re experiencing here in Boston!
In the News:
- The MIT squash team scored its first victory over Bates College since the 1997-98 season by defeating the Bobcats, 7-2, last night in Cambridge. (BOX SCORE)
- Emerson College men’s basketball scored an impressive 86-83 win last night over Babson College to improve to 10-8 overall and 5-2 in conference play. Geoffrey Gray netted a game-high 26 points in the win, while Jack O’Connor recorded a double-double of 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- The Boston Celtics scored its fifth-straight win last night, defeating the worst team in the N.B.A. – that would be the Cleveland Cavaliers. Boston hosts Golden State on Saturday in what should be a good test for the Green and White, who think they belong with the league’s elite.
- An interesting read from the Hartford Courant today about young athletes being pressured to focus solely on one sport, not two or three.
- Make it 13-straight wins for the Babson College women’s basketball team, which outlasted MIT last night by a score of 55-53. The 15-2 Beavers will look to continue their winning ways on Saturday, January 26th when they host Mount Holyoke.
- Finally, make sure to stop by D3Hoops.com today to read a great piece about Steve Valencia-Biskupiak, a 30-year basketball player that is currently competing for the Gallaudet University Bison.
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- Adrianna Dowdy of Becker College and Emily Sifferlen of Clark University were named this week’s Worcester Area College Basketball Association (WACBA) Women’s Basketball Player and Rookie of the Week, respectively.
- Kareem Davis of Becker College and Michael Speight of Assumption College were named our WACBA Men’s Basketball Player and Rookie of the Week yesterday.
- Finally, we re-started the Daily Noontime yesterday, so in case you missed the relaunch of our oldest post, make sure to check it out … NOW
Social Media Post of the Day: Shoutout to the Billerica boy’s basketball team for getting us hyped for Thursday!
Have a great day, everyone, and remember to say hello to someone you hold the door for because it good brighten their day!