Daily Noontime: January 31st, 2019
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Greetings, everyone, and welcome to a frigid Thursday here in New England where it feels like 10 or 15 below outside our window! But luckily, warmer weather is on the horizon as it is supposed to be close to 60 degrees next week, which would be ideal for a New England Patriots championship parade!
Anywho, in honor of a brand new day, here is a brand-spanking new Daily Noontime – stay warm, everyone!
In The News:
- The Emerson College women’s basketball team snapped Babson College‘s 15-game winning streak last night with a 66-52 win. Quinn Madden paced the Lions with a double-double of 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- MIT men’s basketball secured a season-sweep of Babson last night to inch closer to the top spot in the upcoming New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Tournament.
- Emily Pratt and the Endicott College women’s basketball team scored another important Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) victory last night over Salve Regina to improve to 10-1 in league play.
- Kennedy Guest-Pritchett recorded a double-double of 16 points and 16 rebounds last night as Smith College scored an important win over Springfield College.
- It was a record-setting night for both University of Maine basketball teams, so make sure to check out the highlights courtesy of WABI.
- As noted in the USA Today, the New Orleans Pelicans removed Anthony Davis from their pregame hype video, which means he is going to get traded, right?
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- We provided our own twist to a recent SB Nation post about who we believed were the best teams D3 Football teams from all six New England states yesterday.
Video of the Day: In honor of the arctic blast, here is a song we are dancing to in the Noontime Sports office today (hint: it may be a song from Disney’s Frozen!).