Daily Noontime: February 6, 2019
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
It’s Wednesday – a.k.a. hump day – as well as National Signing Day, too!
We’ll be keeping our eyes on social media today to find out where our high school student-athletes will be taking their talents to next fall.
But in the meantime, let’s dish out a brand new Daily Noontime for February 6, 2019 – have a great day, everyone!
In The News:
- In a battle of undefeated Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) teams, it was Saint Joseph’s College, which handed Emmanuel College its initial conference setback of the 2018-19 season.
- The Endicott College men’s basketball team established a trio of new records last night in a blowout win over the University of New England.
- In Massachusetts, the Franklin-Mansfield boys’ basketball rivalry is real – in fact, it is a BIG-time rivalry. And last night, another epic chapter of this rivalry was written by the Hornets (Mansfield), which squeaked past the Panthers (Franklin) in overtime.
- Alex Ovechkin became the top-scoring Russian player in NHL history last night during the Washington Capitals‘ 3-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks.
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- We started our D3 State Lacrosse Teams for 2019 last night, highlighting student-athletes from California and Colorado. More to come later today!
- We had some new student-athletes honored yesterday by the Worcester Area College Basketball Association (WACBA). (Men’s Report | Women’s Report).