Daily Noontime: February 13th, 2019
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Happy Wednesday, everyone – the weekend is almost here, so stay focused!
From looking outside our window this morning, it looks like a sloppy and slushy mess of snow, rain, and puddles – yuck!
Anywho, let’s make today a great day by producing an awesome (and amazing) Daily Noontime!
In The News:
- In honor of the 150th season of college football, The Athletic recently produced a piece about the ‘big three’ during the 1880s. And they were the following teams: Yale University, Princeton University, Harvard University, and everyone else.
- Without David Pastrnak last night, the Boston Bruins were able to score six goals and snap the Chicago Blackhawks‘ seven-game winning streak.
- For the Boston Celtics, beating the Philadelphia 76ers last night was what we would consider a good win!
- DJ Bussey recorded 14 points and three rebounds last night as the Husson University men’s basketball team defeated Maine Maritime Academy in its regular-season finale. With the win, the Eagles soar into their conference tournament with a 15-10 record.
- Melinda Ogden netted a team-high 16 points, while Lauren Plissey added a double-double of 13 rebounds and 11 points as Maine Maritime defeated Husson, 58-48, to cap its regular-season with some momentum heading into their conference tournament. With the win, the Mariners have now won six games, dating back to a 65-43 win over Northern Vermont-Lyndon earlier this month.
In Case You Missed It (ICYMI):
- Who are some D3 lacrosse players to watch (and follow) this season in Maine?
- Morgan O’Donnell and Alex Scariati each earned their initial Worcester Area College Basketball Association (WACBA) honors of the season yesterday.
- Devan Harris and Mekhi Chester also earned their initial WACBA honors, as well, yesterday in our weekly men’s basketball report.