By Matt Noonan | @MattyNoonz11
High school lacrosse is in full swing with loads of teams in action from Maine to Connecticut.
So, let’s get everyone caught up with some news and stories from the past few days with a brand new New England High Schools Notebook.
In The News
- Greg Dudek of the Boston Herald previewed teams to watch (and races, as well) in eastern Massachusetts this spring. Boston College High School was one of many teams highlighted in this season’s preview.
- Massachusetts high school fans should keep an eye on Hingham this spring – the Harbormen should once again be in contention for an MIAA (Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association) D1 crown in June.
- Darien highlighted the CT Gametime 2019 Preseason Boys Lacrosse Poll, while Ridgefield and New Canaan checked in second and third, respectively.
- Looking for some players to watch this spring in Eastern Massachusetts? Well, look no further than the Boston Globe‘s EMass Players to Watch, including Duxbury‘s Cole Biggins (will be playing for Army next spring) and Michael Tobin (UMass commit) of Reading.
- As usual, Lincoln-Sudbury will be a team to watch this spring, and they recently commenced their 2019 campaign with a 6-5 win over St. John’s Prep.
- Finally, in case you missed it, Will Frisoli of St. Sebastian‘s was named to the All-USA Preseason Boys Lacrosse team. Frisoli, who is a long-stick middie, will play lacrosse next spring for Duke University.
Games to Watch in Massachusetts This Week (Apr. 2nd-6th)
- Catholic Memorial at Hingham (Apr. 2nd) at 5:30 p.m.
- Cohasset at Boston College High School (Apr. 2nd) at 6 p.m.
- Needham at Walpole (Apr. 4th) at 4 p.m.
- Xaverian Brothers at Boston College High School (Apr. 4th) at 5:45 p.m.
- Dracut at Billerica (Apr. 5th) at 4 p.m.
- Lincoln-Sudbury at Cohasett (Apr. 6th) at 1 p.m.