Massachusetts Lacrosse Notebook: Monday Polls & Links
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Happy Monday, everyone!
Monday’s usually mean polls and links, so here is our latest Eastern Massachusetts lacrosse polls (boys and girls lacrosse), as well as some news and links from the past few days.
Eastern Massachusetts Boy’s Lacrosse Top 10 Poll | Monday, April 29th, 2019
- St. John’s Prep (Danvers)
- Xaverian Brothers
On The Rise: Bishop Fenwick, Boston College High School, Braintree, Cohasset, Dover-Sherborn, Foxborough, Franklin, Lexington, Marshfield, Marblehead, Natick, Needham, Newton North, Silver Lake, St. Mary’s of Lynn, and Westford Academy
Eastern Massachusetts Girl’s Lacrosse Top 10 Poll | Monday, April 29th, 2019
- Notre Dame Academy (Hingham)
On The Rise: Braintree, Cohasset, Dover-Sherborn, Duxbury, Lexington, Manchester-Essex, Marblehead, Masconomet, Newton North, North Andover, Rockland, Swampscott, and Wayland
News and Notes from the Massachusetts Lacrosse World
- This past weekend, St. Mary’s of Lynn scored an impressive win over Bishop Fenwick to secure the top spot (currently) in the Catholic Central League standings.
- Something seems to be clicking for the Dragons of Duxbury, who have now won back-to-back games over Hingham and Medfield. Their win over the Warriors was an impressive showing by the Green and White.
- Former Boston College High School attacker A.J. Kucinski tallied six points on four goals and two assists in an impressive win last Saturday with Middlebury College. The Cohasset native’s impressive play helped the Panthers top Wesleyan University in the opening round of the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) Tournament. Middlebury will face Tufts University this Saturday in the semifinals.
- A quick start this past weekend helped Westwood score an impressive 14-10 win over Wellesley. The win resulted in the Wolverines moving-up to the third position in this week’s poll.
- Norwell secured the top spot in this week’s South Shore Girl’s Lacrosse Poll, while Cohasset and Rockland checked-in second and third, respectively.
- Speaking of Cohasset, the boy’s lacrosse team rocketed up to the top spot in this week’s South Shore Poll following some impressive recent victories Exeter (N.H.), Walpole and Duxbury.
- Finally, Concord-Carlisle provided Reading with its first setback of the season last Saturday, thanks to some impressive efforts from Charlie Cook, Cole Pascucci, and Devin Smith.
Stay connected with our Noontime Lacrosse coverage on Twitter by following @NoontimeLax