Mass. Lax Notebook: Games To Watch This Week (May 6th-11th)
By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports & @Noontime_HS
We’re headed into the home stretch of the Massachusetts high school lacrosse regular season, which sounds crazy, but the state tournament will be here before we know it.
But before we turn our attention to the state tournament later this month, let’s highlight some games to watch, beginning with a must-see match-up in Westwood tomorrow when the Wolverines host Notre Dame Academy (Hingham) in a very important girl’s lacrosse game.
Girl’s Lacrosse: Notre Dame Academy (Hingham) at Westwood (Monday, May 6th at 5:15 p.m.): The Cougars and Wolverines will meet in a very important non-conference clash on Monday with the opening draw set for 5:15 p.m. Both teams enter the game as two of our top five teams in Eastern Massachusetts, so if you’re nearby Westwood High School tomorrow, consider stopping by for what will be a great girl’s lacrosse game.
Boy’s Lacrosse: St. John’s Prep (Danvers) at Xaverian Brothers (Monday, May 6th at 7 p.m.): The Hawks enter the new week with a ton of momentum, thanks to some impressive wins recently, including a non-conference victory over New Hampshire’s Bishop Guertin last week. St. John’s Prep edged Xaverian, 9-8, earlier this spring, so expect this game to come down to the final possession.
Boy’s Lacrosse: Walpole at Needham (Tuesday, May 7th at 4 p.m.): The Rockets will be eager to erase the memories of a two-goal setback to Hingham with a win over the Rebels on Tuesday before heading down the road to face Brookline on Thursday.
Girl’s Lacrosse: Norwell at Cohasset (Tuesday, May 7th at 4 p.m.): Two of the top South Shore teams will meet in what should be a tremendous girl’s lacrosse game. Since falling to Notre Dame Academy, the Clippers have scored back-to-back wins over Rockland (14-3) and Mashpee (15-2). Notre Dame Academy is the only Massachusetts team that has beaten Norwell this season as their other setback came earlier this spring to Cambridge (Georgia). Cohasset enters the game on a seven-game winning streak.
Boy’s Lacrosse: Medfield at Westwood (Thursday, May 9th at 6:30 p.m.): The Warriors have not lost a single Tri-Valley League (TVL) contest this season and will attempt to record a season-sweep over Westwood, whom they beat earlier this season by a score of 18-6.
Girl’s Lacrosse: Needham at Notre Dame Academy (Friday, May 10th at 5:45 p.m.): One day after entertaining Andover, the Cougars will welcome a Rockets squad to Hingham, which enters the new week with a great deal of momentum. Needham has scored some impressive wins lately against Hingham (17-5) and Wellesley (11-5) but faces a tough challenge earlier this week when they visit Walpole on Tuesday for an important Bay State Conference (BSC) clash.
3rd Annual Harlem Lacrosse – Boston High School Showcase (Saturday, May 11)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Lincoln-Sudbury vs. Newburyport (9:30 a.m.)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Lincoln-Sudbury vs. Concord-Carlisle (9:30 a.m.)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Concord-Carlisle vs. Manchester-Essex (12 p.m.)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Hingham vs. Pinkerton Academy (N.H.) (12 p.m.)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Hingham vs. Walpole (2:30 p.m.)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Harlem Lacrosse (N.Y.) vs. Harlem Lacrosse (Boston) (2:30 p.m.)
More Games to Watch This Week!
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Medfield at Wellesley (Tuesday, May 7th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Concord-Carlisle at Hopkinton (Tuesday, May 7th)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Lincoln-Sudbury at Concord-Carlisle (Thursday, May 9th)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Andover at Notre Dame Academy (Thursday, May 9th)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Westwood at Medfield (Thursday, May 9th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Winchester at Melrose (Friday, May 10th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: North Andover at Dracut (Friday, May 10th)
- Girl’s Lacrosse: Longmeadow at Cohasset (Saturday, May 11th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Duxbury at Longmeadow (Saturday, May 11th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Westwood at Acton-Boxborough (Saturday, May 11th)
- Boy’s Lacrosse: Bishop Fenwick at Boston Latin (Saturday, May 11th)
Stay connected with our Noontime Sports lacrosse coverage by following @NoontimeLax on Twitter!