By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
Hello, Wednesday – you look rather sunny!
Sure, it’s sunny this morning in the Boston area, but it is also chilly, too – don’t go looking for the beach gear just yet as it will get cooler later and be somewhat cold tomorrow.
But, before we worry about the cold weather tomorrow, let’s dish out a brand new Daily Noontime from your friends at Noontime Nation!
Have a wonderful day, read a joke, get an extra cup of coffee, and maybe do something fun later – you deserve it!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Celtics capped their three-game road trip with a 109-101 win last night over the Miami Heat.
- With their win over the Heat on Tuesday evening, the Celtics are now 31-15. They remain in fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
- Boston will entertain the Golden State Warriors tomorrow (Thursday, January 30th) with tip-off scheduled for 8 p.m.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- Dante Scarnecchia is retiring from the NFL after 36 seasons, including 34 with the New England Patriots. Scarnecchia was the Patriots offensive line coach. (ESPN.com)
- Tom Brady may be the greatest quarterback, but Dante Scarnecchia could be considered one of the best offensive line coaches. (WEEI.com)
- Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill may want to qualify for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- “I haven’t felt a pain that sharp in a while,” says Shaquille O’Neal when discussing his former teammate, Kobe Bryant. (ESPN.com)
- Mitch Moreland will be playing for the Boston Red Sox this spring, but it appears like Mookie Betts will be competing for another team. (CBSSports.com)
- Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams will be singing “Let It Go” in a 60-second spot for Audi on Super Bowl Sunday. (CNBC.com)
Video of the Day: Joe Buck joined The Herd with Colin Cowherd yesterday to discuss broadcasting a Super Bowl to working with former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman.