By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
It’s Thursday, which means we are ONE more day closer to a brand new weekend – woo!
It is rather chilly outside this morning – where did this cold weather come from? – so make sure to bundle up when heading to the mailbox or local Starbucks.
Alright, enough rambling about the weather. Here is today’s Daily Noontime from your friends at Noontime Nation. Have a great day!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- No local team was in action last night, but the Boston Celtics are back on Causeway Street this evening as they host the Golden State Warriors at 8 p.m.
- Boston is still in fourth place in the Eastern Conference with a 31-15 record, while the Warriors of Golden State are in last place in the Western Conference.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- Penn National Gaming acquired a 36% interest in Barstool Sports yesterday, as confirmed by multiple reports. The Pennsylvania company plans to “increase its ownership stake in Barstool Sports to approximately 50% after three years and additional investment.” (WCVB.com)
- As noted in the Business Insider, Penn National Gaming and Barstool Sports are planning to launch sportsbooks in its retail casinos in the coming months while launching a betting app in August. (BusinessInsider.com)
- It seems like the Boston Red Sox will trade right fielder Mookie Betts before the 2020 season, which should benefit their rival the New York Yankees. (NJ.com)
- San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan told reporters yesterday that all players, including those that have sustained injuries over the past few weeks, will be good to go for Sunday. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- Where will Tom Brady play in 2020? Perhaps with the Chicago Bears or Tampa Bay Buccaneers? Maybe the Carolina Panthers? (Boston.com)
- Jimmy Garoppolo has nothing, but kind words for Tom Brady – he even called his former teammate “a great dude.” (NESN.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Reggie Wayne has some thoughts on Tom Brady playing for the Indianapolis Colts.