By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
Well, that weekend went by fast, eh?
We hope you had a nice weekend, as well as enjoyed the Super Bowl, too – what an exciting finish by the Kansas City Chiefs!
Today should be somewhat mild for early February – per the latest reports, we could reach (or over around) 50 degrees in the Boston area, which makes us even more excited for warmer weather ahead.
In the meantime, have a great morning/day, get an extra cup of coffee later – you may need it! – and remember to smile and laugh!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- Both the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics were idle yesterday, but the Green and White will return to the hardwood this evening when they visit the Atlanta Hawks with tip-off scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- The Celtics enter the new week with some momentum – they have won three-straight, including a 116-95 win this past Saturday against the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Tonight is the 68th Beanpot Tournament at the TD Garden. Northeastern University, which won the championship last season, will skate against Harvard University at 5 p.m. while Boston College and Boston University will compete at 8 p.m.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- The Kansas City Chiefs won their first Super Bowl in 50 years last night, thanks to an exciting fourth-quarter comeback, which was led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes. (FiveThirtyEight.com)
- Kansas City’s Frank Clark ripped San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo after his team’s comeback win last night in the Super Bowl. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- Kyle Shanahan believes the 49ers should be “fired up for next year” after losing on Sunday in the Super Bowl. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- Justin Bieber and others had some funny reactions to Tom Brady‘s Hulu Super Bowl commercial. (NESN.com)
- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick was booed in Miami during the Super Bowl pregame ceremony for flexing his championship rings. (Yahoo.com)
- Sunday’s win over the 49ers was Andy Reid‘s 222nd on the sidelines, along with his first Super Bowl championship. (ESPN.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Google’s Super Bowl commercial tugged at the hearts of many!