By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
Happy Monday, everyone!
How was your weekend? Are you ready for a brand new week?
It looks like a yucky day outside our window. Expect some rain today in Boston (and outside the city), but the good news is the mild winter returns after some chilly temps this past weekend.
Have a great day, everyone, and remember to smile, laugh, and drink an extra cup of coffee today!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Bruins saw their six-game winning streak snapped yesterday with a 3-1 setback to the Detroit Red Wings. Boston will return to the ice on Wednesday, February 12th when they host the Montreal Canadiens at 7:30 p.m.
- The Boston Celtics edged the Oklahoma City Thunder yesterday by a score of 112-111. With the win, the Green and White have now won seven-straight contests – they will look to extend their winning streak on Tuesday against the Houston Rockets.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- Mookie Betts and David Price are finally headed to the Los Angeles Dodgers. (ESPN.com)
- Spring training will officially begin this week for the Boston Red Sox, which is exactly what we need after an interesting (and bizarre) few weeks. (Boston Globe)
- With the Red Sox-Dodgers deal now complete, the Red Sox have positioned themselves to ‘spend money in free agency next offseason.’ (MassLive.com)
- Vince Carter thanked the Boston Celtics for their pregame tribute to the veteran shoot guard/small forward. (Boston.com)
- The XFL drew 3.3 million viewers on ABC this weekend, which is a good start for the spring football league. (ProFootballTalk.com)
- The Bruins offense did not show up against the Red Wings yesterday, but that shouldn’t derail thoughts of reaching the Stanley Cup. (WEEI.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: What do you think about Tom Brady signing with the Dallas Cowboys in a few weeks?