By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
Welcome to Wednesday!
We’re two days away from the weekend – we are also two days away from celebrating love (Valentine’s Day), so make sure to pick up some chocolate and flowers for someone special either today or tomorrow.
The sun has officially returned to Boston (and the surrounding neighborhoods), so get outside today and soak in some Vitamin D!
Have a great day, everyone, and remember to smile, laugh, and eat something yummy today!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Celtics winning streak was snapped last night as the Houston Rockets topped the Green and White by a score of 116-105. Boston will have a chance to return to the win column tomorrow when they host the Los Angeles Clippers at 8 p.m.
- The Boston Bruins return to the ice this evening – the Black and Gold will host the Montreal Canadiens with puck drop scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Boston is looking to erase memories of a 3-1 setback a few days ago against the Detroit Red Wings.
- The Northeastern University women’s ice hockey team captured its first Beanpot Tournament title since 2013 with a 4-3 win over Boston University in overtime.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- The Boston Red Sox have promoted Ron Roenicke to the interim manager. (ESPN.com)
- Will the Red Sox be contenders this season without Mookie Betts and David Price? (Boston.com)
- Adding Kevin Pillar to the Red Sox outfield would be a great way to ‘revamp’ the team’s outfield. (NESN.com)
- Let’s do a mid-February check-in on Tom Brady, who may or may not play for the New England Patriots in 2020. (ESPN.com)
- David Krejci is closing in on 900 games with the Boston Bruins. (WEEI.com)
- Kemba Walker was frustrated by the referees last night during his team’s setback to the Houston Rockets. (Boston.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: Eminem performed ‘Lose Yourself’ at the Oscars this past Sunday – he sounded pretty good (just our two-cents!).