By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
Hello, Thursday – how are you?
From a quick look outside the window, you look gray, overcast, rainy, and gross, but that is OK because tomorrow is Friday (and Valentine’s Day), so that will keep our spirits high!
Let’s make sure to have a great day by dishing out a brand new ‘Daily Noontime’ – as usual, make sure to smile, laugh, and have an extra cup of coffee!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Bruins returned to the win column last night with a 4-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens. David Pastrnak lit the lamp three times last night while Patrice Bergeron finished with one goal. Boston will host the Detroit Red Wings on Saturday, February 15th with puck drop scheduled for 1 p.m.
- The Boston Celtics close out the first half of their season this evening when they host the Los Angeles Clippers at 8 p.m. Boston is currently third in the Eastern Conference while the Clippers are in the same position in the Western Conference.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- David Pastrnak recorded his fourth hat trick of the season last night in his team’s three-goal win over Montreal. (NESN.com)
- Los Angeles Dodgers president of baseball operations, Andrew Friedman, hopes Mookie Betts will fall in love with his new city. (ESPN.com)
- The ‘myth behind Boston’s Mookie Betts trade.’ (The Ringer)
- A local Boston sports columnist believes the Celtics could make the NBA Finals this spring (and early summer!). (Boston.com)
- Tom Brady could fit in quite well with any California team, along with the Las Vegas Raiders, too. (The Athletic)
- Nick Caserio, who is the New England Patriots’ director of player personnel, has agreed to a contract extension. (ProFootballTalk.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: It’s ‘Throwback Thursday,’ which means its time for a fun video that will inspire you to do great things today, tomorrow, and the next day, too.