By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeNation
It’s Friday or as we call it, ‘Fri-Yay’ – woo!
It is BRUTAL outside today, so make sure to bring an extra hat and gloves when you go out for a second (or third) cup of coffee. Luckily, this cold weather won’t last long as Boston’s mild-winter returns Sunday with temperatures falling just a tad bit short of 50 degrees.
Have a wonderful weekend – make sure to do something special today for Valentine’s Day and remember to smile, laugh, and eat some chocolate!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- Jayson Tatum netted a game-high 39 points last night as the Boston Celtics outlasted the Los Angeles Clippers, 141-133, in double-overtime. With the win, the Celtics have won seven of their last eight contests, and enter the NBA All-Star break with some serious momentum.
- The Boston Bruins will look to continue their impressive play from a few nights ago when they host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow for a 1 p.m. face-off. They will then head to Manhattan on Sunday to face the New York Rangers for a 3:30 p.m. puck drop.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- Kemba Walker said that Jayson Tatum was the ‘best’ player on the court last night against Los Angeles. (ESPN.com)
- Jayson Tatum could be the player that leads the Celtics to their 18th championship this spring (and summer!). (For The Win)
- Alex Verdugo, who came over from the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Mookie Betts deal, could miss the start of the Boston Red Sox season. (Boston Globe)
- Kevin Pillar and the Boston Red Sox agreed to a one-year deal, which is good news for the team’s outfield. (ESPN.com)
- Which Major League Baseball (MLB) team had the worst offseason? Perhaps the Red Sox? (CBS Sports)
- Here are the movies and television shows that will be filmed in Massachusetts this year. (Boston.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: In honor of Valentine’s Day, here is a song that is playing on our Spotify playlist today!