By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Happy Friday, everyone!
Hope you are ALL having a great day thus far – yes, we know we’re posting a bit later than normal, but we wanted to make sure we provided you with something to read at the end of your lunch break or when you’re bored in the afternoon (and want to go home!).
As usual, have a wonderful rest of your day, smile, laugh, be happy, and have a great weekend!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Bruins return to the ice this evening when they visit the Calgary Flames for a 9 p.m. face-off. Boston is still the top team in the Eastern Conference with 88 points – can they make it to 90 this evening?
- The Boston Celtics kick-off the second half of their 2019-20 season this evening, when they visit the Minnesota Timberwolves at 8 p.m. Boston, is currently the third-best team in the Eastern Conference – they are behind the Milwaukee Bucks (first) and Toronto Raptors (second).
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- It sounds like Tom Brady could be headed to the Tennessee Titans, but maybe he will come back to the New England Patriots? (CBS Boston)
- Here are five things a few NFL experts think will happen when Tom Brady enters free agency in a few weeks. (Boston.com)
- The NFL wants a 17th game and an expanded postseason. Does that sound good to you? (The Boston Globe)
- The Bruins are likely to trade David Backes by the NHL Trade Deadline next week. (CBS Boston)
- Apparently, Colin Cowherd believes the Boston Celtics can win the NBA title later this spring (and early summer!). (NESN.com)
- An Alabama football staff member is leaving the college football program and heading to the pros to join the Patriots. (247 Sports)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: David Ortiz is calling Mike Fiers a ‘snitch,’ and ESPN had some thoughts on this comment!