By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Happy Monday, everyone!
I hope you ALL had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the spring-like temperatures, especially yesterday. It is almost spring here in Boston (and New England), which means warm weather, spring sports, and dinner (and coffee) outside, not inside.
Let’s kick off a brand new week with the ‘Daily Noontime’ by smiling, laughing, and loving life!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- Jayson Tatum scored 41 points in 37 minutes but it wasn’t enough to lift the Boston Celtics to victory on Sunday. Instead, Boston lost to the Los Angeles Lakers, 114-112, snapping a three-game winning streak.
Luckily, the Green and White will have a chance to redeem themselves tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb. 25th) when they visit the Portland Trail Blazers for a 10 p.m. tip-off.
- The Boston Bruins will look to return to their winning ways tomorrow when they host the Calgary Flames for a 7 p.m. puck drop. Boston beat Calgary on Friday, 4-3, but then lost to the Vancouver Canucks, 9-3, one day later.
- Finally, the Boston Red Sox will play some exhibition baseball today against the Tampa Bay Rays at 1:05 p.m.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- LeBron James saluted Jayson Tatum on Instagram following the Lakers’ two-point win over the Celtics on Sunday. (MassLive.com)
- The Boston Celtics altered their travel plans so they can attend Kobe Bryant‘s Memorial. (CBS Boston)
- Sunday’s loss to the Lakers was a tough pill to swallow, but it certainly seemed like a game the Celtics should have won. (Boston Globe)
- Will the Boston Bruins make a move before the NHL Trade Deadline ends at 3 p.m. today? (NESN.com)
- The Boston Bruins should not pursue Joe Thornton, says one hockey writer. (Yahoo.com)
- Tom Brady was the fourth-ranked quarterback on the ‘101 NFL free agent‘ list on NFL.com.
VIDEO OF THE DAY: The St. Louis BattleHawks recorded the first XFL kickoff return of the 2002 season yesterday.