By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Happy Wednesday, everyone!
We’re making a few tweaks to the Daily Noontime going forward – hope you don’t mind as we continue to help start your day with headlines (and news), as well as something (like our videos of the day) to make you smile.
So, here is our brand-spanking-new ‘Daily Noontime’ – hope you enjoy it, everyone!
Calgary rolls past Boston
- The Calgary Flames rolled past the Boston Bruins last night at the TD Garden by a score of 5-2. Boston has lost its last two outings – they surrendered nine goals last Saturday to the Vancouver Cancuks. Hopefully the Black and Gold can return to their winning ways soon – well, tomorrow to be exact, as they will welcome the Dallas Stars to Causeway Street. Puck drop is 7 p.m.
Tatum leads Boston past Portland
- Jayson Tatum scored 36 points last night while recording five rebounds and one assist as the Boston Celtics topped the Portland Trail Blazers, 118-106. Boston has now won 40 games and will look to cap their west coast road trip with a win this evening against the Utah Jazz. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m.
Boston Red Sox sign-stealing investigation delayed (again!)
- It seems as if we will need to wait another day to hear what sort of punishment MLB commissioner Rob Manfred will dish out to our hometown Boston Red Sox. But according to a recent report from NJ.com, we could learn of the punishment by Friday.
New England Revolution kick-off their 2020 campaign on Saturday
- A brand new season of New England Revolution soccer is set to commence this Saturday, February 29th when the local club hosts the Montreal Impact at 3 p.m. New England concluded its preseason with a 3-1 win over the Portland Timbers last weekend, which is hopefully a sign for additional wins to come!
The University of Saint Joseph (Conn.) extends its winning streak
- Coach Jim Calhoun‘s squad won its 23-straight contest last night, beating Regis College in the opening round of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Tournament. The Blue Jays will welcome Anna Maria College to West Hartford, Connecticut on Thursday (Feb. 27th) for a 7 p.m. tip-off. The winner will advance to Saturday’s conference tournament final.
Holy Cross edges Harvard in men’s lacrosse
- The Crusaders scored their third-straight win yesterday, along with their fourth of the season, as Holy Cross outlasted Harvard University, 9-8, in men’s lacrosse yesterday in Worcester. Justin Lynskey led the Crusaders with four points while three Holy Cross players finished with two points.
Bruton leads Nichols College past Roger Williams in the CCC Quarterfinals
- DeAnte Bruton helped the Bison of Nichols College erase a 19-point deficit to beat the Hawks of Roger Williams last night in the opening round of the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Tournament. Bruton registered a double-double of 36 points and 14 rebounds while Matt Morrow contributed 13 points and eight caroms. Nichols will face Gordon College on Thursday in the semifinals.
Have a great day, everyone – thanks for stopping by for our new version of the Daily Noontime, and we will talk to you again tomorrow morning!