By Matt Noonan | @NoontimeNation
Happy Friday, everyone!
Today is the final Fri-Yay of February, which might be bittersweet (to some people), but I think it is awesome news because it means we’re another day closer to spring (and warmer weather, of course!).
Make sure to bundle up – I hear it is VERY CHILLY outside today!
The Boston Bruins return to the win column
- After a few tough outings, including a six-goal setback to the Vancouver Canucks, our hometown Boston Bruins returned to the win column last night with a 4-3 victory against the Dallas Stars. Four different Bruins lit the lamp, including three that skaters that finished with one goal and one assist.
- With the win, the Bruins improve to 40-13-12 overall and will be one state over tomorrow afternoon for an important Eastern Conference clash with the New York Islanders. Puck drop is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Boston Celtics set to host the Houston Rockets
- The Boston Celtics will entertain the Houston Rockets tomorrow evening at the TD Garden – tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. Boston has won its last two outings, including an impressive win earlier this week against the Utah Jazz.
Don’t leave us, Tom Brady!
- According to various reports, both yesterday and this week, it doesn’t sound like Tom Brady will be returning to New England this fall. It seems more likely that the six-time Super Bowl champion will leave the area to play for another team next season. But do you really think that will actually happen? We’ll just have to wait and find out.
- Tom Brady will officially become a free agent on March 16th, so we should know if he will stay or go pretty soon.
Albertus Magnus men’s basketball edges Lasell University to advance to the GNAC Championship
- Terry Dawkins recorded a double-double of 25 points and 11 rebounds as the Hawks of Albertus Magnus edged Lasell, 95-94, in the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) semifinals last night to secure a spot in Saturday’s conference championship game.
- EJ Day paced the Lasers with a game-high 38 points while Jonathan Friberg added 13 rebounds and nine points. Lasell earned a trip to New Haven, Connecticut last night by beating Emmanuel College in the quarterfinals on Tuesday.
Arsenault’s late bucket sends Endicott men’s basketball the CCC Championship
- Billy Arseneault netted the game-winning basket during the final seconds of Thursday’s Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) semifinal which helped the Gulls of Endicott College edge Wentworth Institute of Technology, 63-62.
- With the win, the Gulls will now host Nichols College in the CCC Championship tomorrow with tip-off scheduled for 2 p.m. Nichols is seeking its fourth-straight conference crown after beating Gordon College last night in its semifinal contest.
Both Worcester State teams will be competing for a MASCAC crown on Saturday
- Saturday will be an exciting day for both Worcester State University basketball teams, who will be competing in the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Championships.
- The Worcester State men’s basketball team will visit Westfield State for a 1 p.m. tip-off. The Owls beat Salem State University last night in their semifinal contest while the Lancers topped MCLA.
- Framingham State women’s basketball will entertain Worcester State – both teams scored convincing wins last night in their respective semifinal contest. Framingham State beat Bridgewater State while Worcester State outlasted Westfield State on the road.