With the 2020 NFL Draft in the rearview mirror, it is time to turn our attention to the various New England college football players that have recently signed with teams as undrafted free agents.
Here is a current list of student-athletes that will be competing for roster spots with various teams for the upcoming season. We will be updating this list as more signings are announced.
- Jake Burt (TE): The Lynnfield, Massachusetts native, who was named to the John Mackey Award Watch List as a graduate student with the Eagles this past fall, signed with the New England Patriots on Sunday, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- Michael Hoecht (DL): The Oakwood, Ohio native, who was named second-team All-Ivy League last November, signed a contract with the Los Angeles Rams.
- Christian Montano (OL): Montano, who played four seasons with the Bears before finishing his collegiate career this past fall with Tulane University, was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday, April 25.
- Niko Lalos (DE): Named to the Division I All-New England Team last year while earning a spot on the All-Ivy League first team, Lalos inked his name on a contract with the New York Giants.
- Isiah Swann (CB): The two-time All-Ivy League first-teamer and 2019 Associated Press FCS All-America second-teamer signed with the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Justice Shelton-Mosley (WR): Shelton-Mosley, who played four seasons for the Crimson before becoming a graduate transfer this past fall with Vanderbilt University, signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Jackson Dennis (OL): The Odessa, Florida native signed a free-agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals following the conclusion of the NFL Draft. Dennis started 12 games last fall for the Crusaders, who advanced to the NCAA FCS playoffs for the first time since 2009.
University of Maine
- Earnest Edwards (WR/ST): Edwards, who was the 2019 Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Special Teams Player of the Year, signed with the Los Angeles Ramson Saturday, April 25 after the Draft concluded.
University of New Hampshire
- Prince Smith Jr. (CB): The Pennsylvania native is headed back home to compete for a spot with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles announced Smith Jr. was one of 12 players that signed unrestricted free agent contracts last night after the NFL Draft concluded.
University of Rhode Island
- Kyle Murphy (OL): The Attleboro, Massachusetts native announced on Twitter that he is “officially a (New York) Giant.”
- Aaron Parker (WR): Parker inked his name on a contract with the Dallas Cowboys after his cousin, Isaiah Coulter, was selected yesterday by the Houston Texans with the 171st pick.