By Matt Noonan
The Daily Noontime is back – yay!
Yes, we are officially back – Monday through Friday, to be exact – to provide you with some links, news, and possibly photos of our newest team member – that would be our dog, Austin Noonan.
As usual, make sure to stay connected with us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube – have a great day, everyone, and remember to social distance!
Noontime’s Headlines for Monday, June 22, 2020
- Thoughts of college football not happening or either being delayed seem more likely due to various NCAA D-I student-athletes testing positive for the coronavirus (Covid-19).
- On this date one year ago, there were reports of the University of Connecticut moving all sports other than football to the Big East. And those reports came true four days later.
- Sure, we are a few months away from another high school football season, but the thought of how teams (and coaches) will prepare for their upcoming campaigns seems like a concern to some in the Empire State.
- With an uptick in coronavirus cases, Arizona high school football coaches seem a bit worried about their upcoming seasons.
- NESN held an All-Time Boston Red Sox Fantasy Draft last night with Steve Lyons selecting perhaps the best player in franchise history: Ted Williams.
- Despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the Boston College football team is expected to report for workouts today.
The Weekend Rewind
It was hot this past weekend, but that didn’t stop us from doing some blogging.
One of the stories I posted this past weekend was about adult men’s baseball leagues in Massachusetts planning to start-up on Monday, July 6, which happens to be when the state’s third phase of its reopening is scheduled to start.
Another story I posted was about a father-son duo at Bridgewater State University – that would be coach Joe Verria and Ryan Verria, who are leading the way for the school’s football program.
And finally, we want to thank the Western Massachusetts Football Coaches Association (WMFCA) for the opportunity to highlight a slew of local student-athletes that were expected to compete once more last Friday, June 19 at Springfield College in a Senior Bowl.