Welcome to Friday – we made it!
We hope (as always!) that everyone is continuing to do well while staying safe and healthy. Additionally, we hope everyone is excited for the weekend – any fun plans?
Let’s cap the workweek with a brand new ‘Daily Noontime’ – have a great day, everyone!
Noontime’s Headlines for Friday, July 10, 2020
- The debate around if and when a college football season will be occur this fall continues, but a major voice in this world – ESPN’s Paul Finebaum – believes the 2020 season will not be played.What do you think?
- Sticking with the college football theme, as well as fall sports, we learned yesterday that the Big Ten Conference (B1G) will play a conference only schedule, pending it is safe to play games in a few months.Conference only schedules will allow every member of the conference to be able to pivot (if needed).
- Kevin Warren, who is the commissioner of the Big Ten Conference, joined the Big Ten Network on Thursday, saying he is not sure there will be a fall sports season. And he might be right.
- The past 24 hours – maybe more? – has been a whirlwind for college sports. And according to one reporter, college football – and yes, all college fall sports – are in trouble.
- Cam Newton is officially a member of the New England Patriots. And one local journalist – Chad Finn – initially didn’t want Newton on the Patriots. But now, he is happy with the signing.
Finally, enjoy a recent video from Noontime Sports correspondent Mia Len on our beloved Boston Celtics arriving in the Florida bubble. Are you anxious for tip-off?
Have a great weekend, everyone, and we’ll be back next Monday!