By Matt Noonan
Happy Monday, everyone!
We’re back from a short, mini-vacation – we are excited to get back to work and start producing some new content. And we hope you are excited for this new content, too.
Let’s kick off a brand new week with today’s Daily Noontime – as usual, be well, stay safe, and drink plenty of water today!
Noontime’s Headlines for Monday, July 20, 2020
- The Boston Red Sox are scheduled to commence their 60-game season this week when they host the Baltimore Orioles on Friday, July 24 at Fenway Park.Are you excited for baseball to get started? Do you think the Red Sox could win the World Series later this year? Here is what one Boston Globe reporter thinks of the Sox playing baseball later this week.
- As we continue to inch closer to September, thoughts of no football are slowly becoming a reality, including the possibility of no NFL games.Yesterday, a slew of NFL players went on Twitter to share their concerns regarding the league’s plans to keep them safe.
- The 2020 NFL preseason could be shrunk to just one game, according to a recent report.Initially, the NFL had hoped to play two preseason contests this summer, but most likely we will only see our favorite team compete once before the season begins. And as of now, it appears as if it is business as usual for the NFL.
- Will there be a high school football season this year in Massachusetts?That question (above!) seems to be a burning topic these days following a slew of colleges and conferences punting on fall sports, including football. But we should know a bit more about plans for the fall tomorrow as noted by Matt Feld of the Boston Herald.
- Finally, the Massachusetts Independent Baseball League (MIBL) has enjoyed a successful few weeks of games – here is the latest on how the league and its players are doing.