It’s Friday – yay, we made it!
Welcome to a brand new weekend, which is going to be HOT here in New England, so make sure to drink plenty of water and wear some sunscreen, too.
Let’s kickoff National Drive-Thru Day with a brand new Daily Noontime – let’s go!
Noontime’s Headlines for Friday, July 24, 2020
- Aaron Judge and the New York Yankees began their 60-game sprint with a 4-1 win last night over the Washington Nationals.
Judge recorded a pair of hits in the “rain-shortened” game last night – once again, he will be a player to watch over the next few weeks and months.
- Mookie Betts and the Los Angeles Dodgers commenced their 60-game season last night with a convincing 8-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Remember when Mookie played for the Boston Red Sox?
- In case you missed it, the Independent School League (ISL) announced yesterday that they will not be playing many games this fall due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
According to Danny Ventura of the Boston Herald, the ISL will not have championships this fall nor dish out awards. The league does, however, hope to provide some competition this fall, pending it is safe to do so.
- Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker will toss the ceremonial first pitch this evening before the Boston Red Soxplay their initial game of the 2020 season against the Baltimore Orioles.
- Speaking of the Red Sox, here are a few storylines to follow this season – well, more these next few weeks and months.