By Matt Noonan
Happy Tuesday, everyone.
And welcome to our second ‘Tech Tuesday’ post of 2021!
Today, we’re highlighting some sports startups that we’re excited to follow (and watch from afar this year) – we also did our best to list a few New England places, too.
As noted last week, ‘Tech Tuesday‘ is a new piece of content we’ll be producing every week, but our goal for this post is to highlight the exciting changes that are occurring in both sports and athletics, as well as health and fitness.
Let’s get to know some new (or recently launched) startups that you should definitely learn more about this month:
- Voltout, which is based in Los Angeles, California, is a mobile app that connects sports trainers and coaches with individuals that are eager to explore new cool activities for themselves. The app is available on the App Store – you can also learn more about this exciting company by visiting their Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter channels while finding them on LinkedIn, too.
- Bout It Boxing is a boutique management firm based in Chicago, Illinois that is for boxers by boxers.
- Sideline Swap is a Massachusetts based start-up – well, more a growing company – that both buys and sells athletic gear. Stay connected with them on social media, especially Instagram – they’re posting some great content on numerous sports, including lacrosse.
- Notemeal is another Massachusetts start-up with connections to Tufts University – Go Jumbos! – and is focused on combining sports dietitians and kitchens to “optimize athlete nutrition through a new fueling experience.”
- Chalkboard, which is based in San Francisco, California, has created an app that allows sports bettors to connect through a messaging and scoring platform. Interested in learning more about Chalkboard? Then visit the App Store now so you can download their product – you know I will once this post is published!
- Podium is another California company – they also have an office (it appears in Oxford, UK) – that is bringing together mountain-bikers, surfers, snowboarders, skiers, and skaters.
- ZoneIn, which is based in New York City, is on a mission to creating a healthier and higher performing athlete with the goal – and yes, motto, too – of “one user at a time.”