Welcome to Noontime Sports, a Massachusetts sports blog that launched in May 2009.
Founded by Matt Noonan, Noontime Sports covers an array of amateur athletics to small colleges and high school sports teams and programs through blog posts, features, podcasts, and videos.
Prior to focusing on both Massachusetts and New England sports in 2011 and 2012, our site produced a slew of op-ed pieces on numerous sporting news and events on professional sports.
Noontime Sports has established a slew of partnerships over the years with different outlets and sites to organizations like the Worcester Area College Basketball Association (WACBA).
In 2018, our site began producing sponsored content by Zelos Athletics while assembling a small group of athletic communication professionals, coaches, and media members to assist with creating weekly New England D-III Top 10 polls for men and women’s basketball, and football.
In 2019, our site celebrated 10 years of blogging and in October 2020, we announced some even more exciting news: we will be launching our first-ever social sports experience next summer (2021) by hosting either a flag football league or tournament in Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts.
Events, Games and Tournaments we have covered:
- The Beanpot at the TD Garden (Boston College, Boston University, Harvard University, and Northeastern University)
- Harvard University football and basketball games
- Hockey East (games and tournaments (both men and women’s))
- Boston Bruins (credentialed to cover certain home games during the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons)
- Frozen Fenway (college and high school hockey games played at Fenway Park)
- MIAA High School Super Bowls at Gillette Stadium
- MIAA Basketball and Hockey Tournaments at TD Garden
- College and High School lacrosse games at Gillette Stadium
Contact Us: NoontimeSports@gmail.com
Contact Matt Noonan: MattNoonan@noontimesports.com