By Matt Noonan | @MattNoonan11
Happy Tuesday (and almost Fourth of July)! Hope everyone has some great plans in-store to celebrate America’s Birthday with family and friends tomorrow.
It has been a while since I did a quick check-in, so I thought, why not today?
The sports world is somewhat in a holding pattern as we anxiously await the start of another football season, but there is some news from the NBA about two well-known players changing teams: LeBron James is now a member of the Los Angeles Lakers while DeMarcus Cousins inked his name to a contract with the Golden State Warriors.
Sure, more news will come from the NBA world over the next few days and weeks, and hopefully my Boston Celtics can lock-up Marcus Smart for another year or two, so he can help the Green and White take down the Philadelphia 76ers in next year’s Eastern Conference Finals.
But enough about the NBA, let me switch gears to an update on where Noontime Sports is headed over the next few months and what you can expect from both our blog and social media channels going forward.
- More Feature Stories: We will be producing long-form stories from the New England (and northeast) baseball, basketball, football, hockey, lacrosse and soccer worlds, which will be similar to what I produced over the past three years on the Amherst College football and Babson College field hockey teams.
- New England Top 10 Polls: The New England Top 10s on basketball, football and lacrosse will return once again this school year, so make sure to stay tuned for our initial poll of the 2018-19 school year next month.
- Stay Social: In case you missed it (or did not know), we recently launched a few new Twitter handles that focus on baseball, hockey and soccer. You should definitely click follow because these channels will be producing content all about their sports. Additionally, these channels will be our go-to for game coverage, stories, links and videos. We will make sure to give you a heads-up on our main Twitter handle (@NoontimeSports) which handle you should follow for in-game updates, scores and news.
- Pro, Prep School and High Schools will be included in our 2018-19 content coverage plan: When I first launched Noontime Sports in May 2009, my friends and I initially wrote blogs about pro sports. And while we used to include pro coverage before switching to just college sports, my thought is to welcome it back, but more in short or long-form pieces. Consider them more columns or opinion pieces. We also used to cover some high school sports when we launched, too, so one should expect some features on prep and high school teams this coming school year, as well. Our focus will remain on the college sports world, but expect to see some additional content on professional, prep and high school world.
- We welcome story ideas or pitches for podcasts: Have a story idea or an idea for a podcast? Then let me know! Feel free to send me an email to MattNoonan@noontimesports.com. I would love to hear from you – any input is always welcome!
Well, that concludes my ‘editor’s note’ about some exciting content changes for Noontime Sports. I am really excited to branch out and tell some different stories, beginning later this summer. And as always, thank you for being amazing fans, friends and readers – I never would have imagined my tiny blog becoming what it is today, but that is due to the amazing support from all of you!
Have a great Fourth of July, as well as a wonderful summer, and I look forward to keeping you updated on the New England sports world later this week and beyond!