By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Happy Marathon Monday, lacrosse fans.
Before we get to some news and notes (and links) from the past few days, allow us to unveil our first Noontime Sports Eastern Massachusetts Top 10 Polls for both boys and girls lacrosse.
Hingham secured the top spot in this week’s poll – the Harbormen enter the new week with a 4-0 record – while Xaverian Brothers checked-in second following a bounce-back win over Cohasett this past weekend. Lincoln-Sudbury secured the third position.
In the fourth position is a talented Acton-Boxborough unit that will face some interesting foes this week, including Algonquin tomorrow afternoon at 4 p.m.
Needham secured the eight position following a solid week for the Rockets, which included a hard-fought win over New Hampshire’s Bishop Guertin. Christian Bliss sealed the win with a late save.
Notre Dame Academy (Hingham) checked-in first overall in this week’s poll – they recently scored an impressive 11-6 win this afternoon over Radnor (Pennsylvania) – while Norwell and Wellesley checked-in second and third, respectively.
The Raiders recently scored an exciting 11-10 win over Walpole, thanks to a late tally with 14.3 seconds remaining by Arielle Dulamac. Additionally, Wellesley’s Anna Hereu sealed the win with a game-saving stop at the buzzer.
The Rockets checked-in fifth – they scored a 14-12 win earlier today over Duxbury.
Also, keep an eye on Westwood, which recently recorded back-to-back conference wins against Hopkinton (19-7) and Medfield (19-5). Both wins came after a one-goal setback to top-ranked Norwell.
News and Links from the New England High School Lacrosse World
- After earning its second win of the 2019 season, Xaverian Brothers secured the top spot in this week’s Boston Globe Top 20 rankings.
- Also from the Boston Globe, Notre Dame Academy checked-in first in this week’s Top 20 followed by Wellesley, Norwell, Walpole, and Needham.
- This past weekend, Owen Palmieri and Jake Davis powered Franklin boys lacrosse to an impressive 17-8 win over Newton North. Both Palmieri and Davis recorded four goals apiece.
- The Norwell girls lacrosse team secured the top spot in today’s South Shore rankings, while Braintree checked-in second with a 4-0 mark. The Wamps will face some challenging non-conference foes this week in Lexington and Marshfield before they face some challenging Bay State Conference (BSC), opponents.
- As noted in today’s South Shore rankings from Chris McDaniels, Norwell’s Annie Hilsinger was a major reason why the Clippers beat Medfield last week. She recorded eight points on five goals and three assists. She will continue to be a player to watch in her final year with Norwell.
- Hingham was the top team (again!) in this week’s South Shore boys lacrosse rankings, while Marshfield and Norwell switched places, checking-in second and third, respectively. Marshfield will compete in the Chowda Cup this week – the Rams will take on Mansfield tomorrow in the first game at 10 a.m.
Stay connected with our New England lacrosse coverage on Twitter by following @NoontimeLax.