By Matt Noonan| @NoontimeNation
Happy Monday, everyone!
Hopefully, everyone is having a wonderful morning (and end to their long weekend), and ready for a great week.
It is time to kick-off a brand new week with a brand new ‘Daily Noontime.’
As usual, have a wonderful day, smile, laugh, and eat a cookie – you deserve it!
The Boston Sports Scoreboard
- The Boston Bruins scored their third-straight win yesterday, beating the New York Rangers, 3-1. Patrice Bergeron, Charlie Coyle, and Charlie McAvoy each lit the lamp and will be counted on Wednesday, February 19th when the Black and Gold visit the Edmonton Oilers for an 8:30 p.m. puck drop.
- The Boston Celtics are off until Friday, February 21st when they begin the second half of their season in Minnesota to face the Timberwolves.
The Noontime Headlines (and Links)
- The NHL Trade Deadline is quickly approaching, which means the Bruins may want to acquire an additional piece or two for a Cup run. (WEEI.com)
- Kemba Walker and Jayson Tatum represented the Celtics last night in the NBA All-Star Game. (NESN.com)
- What if Xander Bogaerts convinced Mookie Betts to come back to Boston next season? It could happen, right? (MassLive.com)
- John Henry and Sam Kennedy finally explained why they traded Mookie Betts to the Los Angeles Dodgers. (Boston Globe)
- Kevin Pillar may not be Mookie Betts, but he certainly will be a nice addition to the Boston Red Sox outfield this season. (Boston.com)
- The Las Vegas Raiders seem to be VERY interested in signing Tom Brady to a two-year deal. (247Sports.com)
VIDEO OF THE DAY: It’s ‘Music Monday’ so let’s dance to an 80’s version of “I Want It That Way” by the Backstreet Boys.