By Matt Noonan | @MattyNoonz11
Welcome to Friday – we made it!
We have some great high school lacrosse games to follow, so let’s dive into some matchups you will certainly want to follow both today and this weekend.
For starters, Duxbury will host Medfield in a non-conference clash, which will certainly tell us a lot more about both teams. The Dragons are coming off an exciting 8-7 overtime win last night over Hingham, thanks to a Mike McCutcheon, who netted both the equalizer and game-winner.
The win certainly provides the Dragons with some momentum heading into Saturday’s late afternoon meeting with a Warriors squad, which secured the second position in this week’s Boston Globe Boy’s Lacrosse Top 20.
Medfield has yet to drop a single game this season and will enter Saturday’s marquee clash with an 8-0 mark following back-to-back Tri-Valley League (TVL) wins over Bellingham and Norton.
Following their win over Norton, Medfield announced some exciting news about Tommy Gill, who will be attending Hotchkiss School in Connecticut following graduation later this spring.
In addition to Duxbury-Medfield, lacrosse fans should certainly keep their eye on an important Catholic Central League (CCL) clash between Bishop Fenwick and St. Mary’s of Lynn. Both teams will meet in Peabody on Saturday with face-off scheduled for 12 p.m.
Here are a few other games to keep an eye on.
- Massachusetts Lacrosse (Girls): Foxborough at Walpole (Friday, Apr. 26th at 3:45 p.m.)
- Maine Lacrosse (Boys): Thornton Academy at Cape Elizabeth (Friday, Apr. 26th at 6 p.m.)
- Massachusetts Lacrosse (Boys): Concord-Carlisle at Reading (Saturday, Apr. 27th at 1 10 a.m.)
- Massachusetts (Boys): Walpole at Xaverian Brothers (Saturday, Apr. 27th at 1 p.m.)
- Massachusetts Lacrosse (Boys): Lincoln-Sudbury at St. Anthony’s (N.Y.) (Saturday, Apr. 27th at 2 p.m.)
- Massachusetts & Rhode Island Lacrosse (Boys): La Salle (R.I.) at Boston College High School (Saturday, Apr. 27th at 3 p.m.)
- Connecticut Lacrosse (Boys): Darien at St. Anthony’s (N.Y.) (Sunday, April 28th at 10 a.m.)
- Massachusetts Lacrosse (Boys): Lincoln-Sudbury at Haverford (Pa.) (Sunday, April 28th at 2 p.m.)