By NoontimeSports.com | @NoontimeSports
Good morning, everyone!
Hope you are all ready for some snow, sleet, rain and ice later – don’t you love this weather? Warmer weather is on the horizon, but before our evening commute gets messy, let’s dish out a brand new Daily Noontime – have a great day and be safe in the snow!
In The News
- As noted in the Boston Globe, we – that would be the City of Boston – have the worst gridlock in the United States of America.
- Sorry, New England Patriots fans, but it seems like the National Football League (NFL) will not be showcasing you guys on the opening night of the 2019 season.
- Mark your calendar for these important Massachusetts high school sports postseason dates, including sectional and state finals.
- With a 53-44 win over Drury, last night, the Pittsfield high school boy’s basketball team – that is Pittsfield, Massachusetts, to be exact – secured a Western Mass tournament berth.
- Jen Toland has a good piece in today’s Worcester Telegram & Gazette about the Holy Cross football team, which is “keeping busy” this offseason.
- According to 247 Sports, Boston College recently landed a four-star recruit for its offensive line. Congrats and best of luck to Kevin Pyne.
- SB Nation gave some love to the Princeton University football team for becoming an early college football dynasty.
In Case You Missed It:
- The MIT men’s basketball team remains our top team in this week’s New England D3 Top 10 followed by Amherst College (second) and Nichols College (third).
- Can anyone stop the Bowdoin College women’s basketball team? They will head into their conference tournament with an impressive 24-0 record.